Hi i'm having problem with rebuilding my program. Everything went fine when I run my application but when I stopped and made some changes to it and re-run it again this error message kept on displaying

"unable to copy file "obj\release" to "bin\release". the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

And when i run task manager to kill the process and re-run the application it went fine but it's kinda tedious to re-run the file kill the process in the task manager.

any help would be appreciated

simply close the project process in taskmanager and start debugging again
it will run :)

no i tried that many times but it continued to be like this

visual studios attaches a debugger process to the project while debugging
Notice when you run your application there are two process running

devenv.exe and <assemblyname>.vshost.exe

generally on stopping the debugger the latter process closes by itself in your case it might be running close the latter process

I am also getting this problem with a new VB.Net 2008 program (we do have others that do not have this problem).

This occurs trying to do a release build of the setup project.

Unable to copy file obj\Reales\Interop.Scripting.dll to .... The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

No idea what this means. What file? What is a 'user-mapped section'???

Help!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.