Hi guys, new to this region of the forums. I recently converted from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 11.04 - and an having a nightmare of a time getting free pascal to work. Lazarus is really not looking like a good option at the moment - I would be much happier with the simple free pascal editor that I could use on Windows 7 - is this available for Ubuntu? and if so, would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some installation instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely.

try the softwer center in your main menu, go to the programming section, and write: pascal, and you'll get a list about pascal packages, like Lazarus, freepascal, etc, just click and install. Fully woriking, I tryed it.

Hi guys, new to this region of the forums. I recently converted from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 11.04 - and an having a nightmare of a time getting free pascal to work. Lazarus is really not looking like a good option at the moment - I would be much happier with the simple free pascal editor that I could use on Windows 7 - is this available for Ubuntu? and if so, would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some installation instructions?

Thanks in advance.

If what you require is an editor, the FP one should install with FP. Otherwise I would look for editors in your software repository. I use vim, but there is a significant learning curve for those new to it. One of the xwindows editors may work.

Alternatively, there are a few simple IDE packaged that work well with freepas. Since I do not use them I cannot make a recommendation. Perhaps another member will. The natural place to look would be in the FP forums on that site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.