i have done my application that uses crystal report and access database. I try to publish the application but when install on client machine, it wont work. the access database wont load and so the reports. What should i do? can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

you need to copy the database in client machine, by making copylocal=true property.
So whenver you publish it takes the new file to build and copy in user machine.

you need to copy the database in client machine, by making copylocal=true property.
So whenver you publish it takes the new file to build and copy in user machine.

I have try set the properties. I have the database named UTMPOSS.accdb and set it to copy always in the properties, it still won't run and fail when load the database. did I do right?

When you make any changes in db and build the application , do your debug folder is having updated DB?

When you make any changes in db and build the application , do your debug folder is having updated DB?

yes.the database is updated.

I have try deploy and install once more. It does not copy the database to the user computer. I need to copy it manually to the path. C:\Users\rahman86\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\3AG36N4R.YJD\22PYHQ32.Q10\utmp..tion_6ef2d5621379e586_0001.0000_fadd669069f9d6c5\Data

it says the error could not find file in the path.

Try chaning the build action to Compile or something else.
I am not sure about this as i never worked with MS Access DB.

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

Try going to Project / Properties / Publish and hit Application Files. Change the Publish Status of the db to Data File. I'm sssuming your publishing as click once and you want the db in the data directory because thats where your copying it to.

What does your connection string look like?

Try going to Project / Properties / Publish and hit Application Files. Change the Publish Status of the db to Data File. I'm sssuming your publishing as click once and you want the db in the data directory because thats where your copying it to.

What does your connection string look like?

my connection string look something like this

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\UTMPOSS4.accdb

I have try to publish one again, but this time when i run the apps it crash and show error like this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: utm point of sale software.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ea5ec44
Problem Signature 04: System.Data
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1e064
Problem Signature 07: 1ea3
Problem Signature 08: 87
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

How do i solve this? thank you again.

Have you tried changing the buid action? Any luck on that?

Have you tried changing the buid action? Any luck on that?

yeah. now it got new problem. it got clr20r3 EventType error on load the program. and closes the program. what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.