Hi,

I am currently writing a project that will allow the playing of a game of "british squares" in MIPS. Unfortunately it is giving me quite a bit of trouble.

I was wondering if there is a way to set the $ra register to the current location (actually a bit past the current location), without using the "jump and link" command? If it is possible, does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Any help on this is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Use this pdf. The $fp and $sp registers are explained in "Procedure Calls"
link
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~larus/HP_AppA.pdf

HI man, I am studying in Georgia Institute of Technology...
IN my computer Organization class we are required to do british
Square game on MIPS>>>
Could you please send me your british square game project on
<email snipped>.

I would really appreciate your help... thank you....

Hi,

I am currently writing a project that will allow the playing of a game of "british squares" in MIPS. Unfortunately it is giving me quite a bit of trouble.

I was wondering if there is a way to set the $ra register to the current location (actually a bit past the current location), without using the "jump and link" command? If it is possible, does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Any help on this is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.