I recently obtained an HP Touchpad 32 GB, and I'm wanting to develop applications for it. I'm currently downloading the webOS SDK/PDK installer, and have finished downloading Virtual Box. I have the latest version of Java installed as well. What I'm wanting to know, is that I've read that we can develop apps in C, C++, and Java and was wondering if anybody has some good pointers or any information on webOS development that can help me.

Thanks,
Jamie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The thing is better than one of the Athlon desktops I'm still running in the living room for the family and a hell of a lot better than the old Pentium Pro laptop I was developing on a couple years ago(eight year old PDAs are better than that). So I guess you could note that hardware constrains probably aren't an issue.

What sort of apps are you developing?

I usually just end up developing apps that teach me more of the environment. I'll probably end up making a few games too. So I got a question, I've downloaded the SDK/PDK as well as Virtual Box on my laptop but still can't figure anything out on how to develop apps for the stubborn bird flinging tablet I own. Can you send some topics on the development process like the whole getting started area of it. I followed all the instructions on the website that I got Virtual Box and the SDK from. But still can't figure out the emulator, or how to even start programming. I know enough c++ to get me by until I buck up and learn a little more but can't figure out how to introduce myself into the application development process of the HP Touchpad 32GB on webOS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.