i want to write an awgn channel model in matlab. I know there is a predifined function awgn(..) but can somebody please help me with mathematical details of the awgn channel model.

Thank you.

Are you sure?? as far as I know there is no predefined function "awgn" in matlab, though you can make it preety easily. Which awgn you are talking about, is it the basic model for a digital communication channel? for that you can easily use inbuilt gauss noise model with autocorrelation function and weighted delta function. Its a simple noise addition model and can be built easily, but there are no inbuit functions like "awgn" in the matlab (at least up to matlab version 7.1). You may try the matlab help forums of Mathworks or kluid [ http://www.kluid.com ].

b4 : ]

i want to write an awgn channel model in matlab. I know there is a predifined function awgn(..) but can somebody please help me with mathematical details of the awgn channel model.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.