Guys is it possible to get the details of an mp3 file like the Contributing Artist, Artist, Album, Year etc. and display it into a form?
I am using the IO namespace and I have almost tried all the methods and properties under my variable.

Does anyone know?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Guys is it possible to get the details of an mp3 file like the Contributing Artist, Artist, Album, Year etc. and display it into a form?
I am using the IO namespace and I have almost tried all the methods and properties under my variable.

Does anyone know?

You won't be able to get this information using the standard I/O libraries. It's not part of the file system metadata; it's actually embedded in the file itself. See http://www.id3.org/ for technical details. As the Rev. says, there are libraries out there that take care of those details for you. If you don't use one of them, you'll have to open each file, locate the information, and read it in manually.

The library I suggested seems to work just fine and can be scripted as well. Doesn't support fetching of lyrics but because the source is available you could always add it in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.