Hello,

Unforunatly had to replace my hard drive on my laptop so having to start from scratch, i already had eclipse installed, so when i went to reinstall, downloaded JRE and JDK and 32bit eclipse (my machine is 32bit vista) but i get the error message
"A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: C:\eclipse\jre\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH"

I have tried changing JRE and JDK versions and adding the -vm as in eclipse documentation, Also trawled through the internet no hope. I have installed blue j and net beans with no problem.
Any solutions or ideas much appreciated
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

create a JAVA_HOME evn variable and add its bin directory to the PATH variable; use the JDK instead of the JRE

create a JAVA_HOME evn variable and add its bin directory to the PATH variable; use the JDK instead of the JRE

Thanks but already tried :(

try running the java & javac commands from the command line to see if they are available globally

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.