Working in vs2008 I have a report that accepts 30 rows of data. The issue I have is that I need to split this data up into 5 sections of 6 with a border...
4 data
5 data
6 data
10 data
11 data
12 data

etc etc

I've tried doing it in the code of the textbox in the tablerow... =iif(Fields!fld_position.Value>0 and Fields!fld_position.Value<7, Fields!fld_position.Value,"") and then have a tablerow with underscores in it
but all that does is give me the first 6 rows ok and then give me 24 rows of no data. I need to get rid of the 24 rows of no data but dont know how to do it.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How is the data stored?

Through a DataTable

ReportViewer1.Reset()
ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear()
ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ProcessingMode.Local
ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "MyVB.Form1.rdlc"
ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("DataSet1_DT1", dsReport.Tables("DT1")))
ReportViewer1.DocumentMapCollapsed = True
ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

Simpler question then.....

If I'm printing a report with 10 rows, how do I put a line after the first 5??

OK, I made a report viewer that had a few rows and used LINQ to select the
first 5 rows into one anonymous list, then faked a select from the same source that
was nothing but dashed lines, then did another linq select skipping five lines into
another anonymous list and Unioned them all together into the datasource value of the report. Weird, but it worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.