i just started a class in programing and we are working in C, i was wondering is there a way to input graphics into the program and if so where would a good place to go to show me the way, also if there are good tutorials for programming since i am a newbie

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

graphics is an advanced programming topic that you are obviously not yet ready to tackle. Learn the language and in about 6 months or so you MIGHT be ready. And it depends on the compiler and operating system you are using.

Why do you need tutorials? most text books cover introduction to programming and are a lot better than any tutorials you may find online. Just study your textbook, listen carefully to your instructor, practice (do the exercises) and ask your instructor plenty of questions you may have.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

graphics is an advanced programming topic that you are obviously not yet ready to tackle. Learn the language and in about 6 months or so you MIGHT be ready. And it depends on the compiler and operating system you are using.

Why do you need tutorials? most text books cover introduction to programming and are a lot better than any tutorials you may find online. Just study your textbook, listen carefully to your instructor, practice (do the exercises) and ask your instructor plenty of questions you may have.

If you want to make pretty all singing all dancing apps, with easy to use graphics, consult the c# or java manuals. ThanQ

Sorry for the previous posts. It sure is hard to find answers other than 'RTFM' in the programming world. Anyway, I think what you are looking for is a good graphics library. I don't know any Windows programming so I would recommend the gd image library. There is a gd library for Windows. Its pretty easy to use and its fun! This library will allow you to create new images and manipulate saved images. You can get it here.

I can't help you with displaying the image in a Windows program. I don't know anything about Windows programming, so I don't know what resrouces to point you to for that. This website is a good resrouce.

Hope this helps!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>Sorry for the previous posts.

Why are you sorry, don't be, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. The Ancient Dragon offered good advice, "Learn the language and in about 6 months or so you MIGHT be ready." Which is a fair comment since the OP said,"[I've] just started a class in programing and we are working in C."

>It sure is hard to find answers

It sure is, especially since many people don't know of, or haven't heard of google? :rolleyes:

>I don't know any Windows programming so I would recommend the gd image library.

Maybe. However, it is just a wrapper, much like C# or java - all the actual complicated stuff of rendering the images is going on behind the scenes.

Although c# 'n' java require you to learn different languages and syntaxing, they provide better utilities. In my opinion they are also easier to learn than windows programming.

ThanQ

That type of reply is excatly what im talking about :)

That type of reply is excatly what im talking about :)

At least his reply made some sense. If you think that a newbie is ready to incorporate dlls that shows how inexperienced you are in guiding someone in programming. Ancient Dragon was not saying to RTFM, a newbie of the OPs level wouldn't understand to RTFM. Dragon was advising him to learn to walk before trying to run, which I believe is very good advice compared to yours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.