hi guys i need some help with WinAPI i will like to learn. what it is about and it relation to c#
\

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

The WIN32 API is a set of libraries that allow you to interact with windows. In C#, you shouldn't need to use them very often (although that is not to say never!). This is because C# utilizes the .Net framework - which wraps a lot of the WIN32 API functions in managed classes. To use the WIN32 API in C# you will need to reference them as an external dll import. Googling 'dll import win32 api c#' would be a good place to start learning.

Thanks bro you were help full.
let me ask another question, when you are doing Remoting,
You are requested to add reference to System.Runtime.Remoting in Visual studio 2010;
How do you do this?

Right click on References in the Solution Explorer.
Select "Add Reference"
Select the .NET tab
Select System.Runtime.Remoting
Click "OK".

Right click on References in the Solution Explorer.
Select "Add Reference"
Select the .NET tab
Select System.Runtime.Remoting
Click "OK".

thanks bor you are the man

Yup, try to use managed classes if you can, the win32 api is more suited to C, and isn't very newbie-friendly.

Yup, try to use managed classes if you can, the win32 api is more suited to C, and isn't very newbie-friendly.

thanks bro i will try the manage classes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.