Hi!

I am working into the development of a C++ related Phone Management System where the request is to:

1. Input information of new subscriber: The program should input a line of data from the keyboard in the following format: <surname> <name> ! <telephone1> <mode> ! <telephone2> <mode> ! ...! <telephoneM> <mode>. The mode field gets values from the set (Y, N), where it describes whether a user’s telephone number is available to all other subscribers or not. The input data line should end with the character Ctrl-D (end-of-file/EOF). The program should store the data as strings (or char strings), without further processing, in an array of strings (or char strings). Assume that the maximum size of an input data line is 80 characters.

I need some help in order to begin as there is a number of functions to develop and my big query is how to handle registration first...

Thanks

Hi!

Hi.

I am working into the development of a C++ related Phone Management System where the request is to:

1. Input information of new subscriber: The program should input a line of data from the keyboard in the following format: <surname> <name> ! <telephone1> <mode> ! <telephone2> <mode> ! ...! <telephoneM> <mode>. The mode field gets values from the set (Y, N), where it describes whether a user’s telephone number is available to all other subscribers or not. The input data line should end with the character Ctrl-D (end-of-file/EOF). The program should store the data as strings (or char strings), without further processing, in an array of strings (or char strings). Assume that the maximum size of an input data line is 80 characters.

OK. Sounds like it's possible

I need some help in order to begin as there is a number of functions to develop and my big query is how to handle registration first...

Makes sense. Most people need some help with something. But your query shows you have no idea what you need to do and we are not a programming service and won't design and implement your project for you. Looks like you need to think long and hard about what you need to do to start your design.

Your description is your design, you just need to lay out the steps needed to accomplish it.

Thanks

Welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.