i need to know how to generate random integers in c++

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you try 'google'?

>i need to know how to generate random integers in c++
Hmm, judging by how common this question is and how readily available the answer is, I would say that you haven't even *tried* to find an answer before coming here.

BAD-Aim:
One of the things that you have to understand is that here, no one gives you the answer. You have to put forth some kind of effort; you have to show that you are at least trying to come up with something. It was frustrating for me at first, but from a good talking to from someone in this group (thank you, whoever you may be), I've learned that it's not good to try and take the easy way out. You'd never learn that way. It's best when you learn how to achieve things on your own.

However, I can recomend to you some great C++ tutorial programming sites.

www.cprogramming.com
www.cplusplus.com
http://www.morrowland.com/apron/tut_cpp.php

Also, you can try google, yahoo, or other great search engines. Just type in "random numbers." Something is bound to pop up on the information highway.

Remember:
If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day.
If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

commented: *claps* Bravo, a novel thought -- ~s.o.s~ +16

Remember:
If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day.
If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

A nobel thought, but please look at the date of the last post before posting. You just resurrected a year old thread... ;)

Oops, my bad. :lol: And I was actually making some sense too. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.