Is there any way to create an installer using C programming..?
I want embed all the files of a software created by me in an exe file, which will extract all the things to a desired folder or drive.
I heard that we can make batch file(package).. but how to do that??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes, there's certainly a way. What OS are you targeting?

i'm using windows.
and i want to make installer for windows..

Windows has its own installer program that consumes MSI/MSP files, so you need to create one of those files for your program. I think the easiest way to go about that would be a tool like Inno Setup, but you can also use a setup project in, for example, Visual Studio (not the Express versions though).

Windows allows us to create a package using iexpress.. but i want to do it using C code..
i use Dev- C++ and was thinking to use CreateDirectory() and CopyFile() but failed!!
Yeah, it's easy to create installer using Visual Studio but I don't know it!
can i use uHarc?? tocreate package as a batch file??

i use Dev- C++ and was thinking to use CreateDirectory() and CopyFile() but failed!!

I'm not surprised. It's not just a matter of copying the executable and such, you also need all of the dependent libraries that may not be on the target system. That's why I recommend that you use Windows Installer, because that's the correct way to create an installation package on Windows.

okay thanks!! i'll go with Inno Setup then!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.