ermm...i want to make a dll using dev c++
can i simply make a dll files and call the dll using the windows application..normally(which i have been seen a lot in google).they make a dll files and make a console application..
so can i change the console application to windows application..i have interface that need to make a dll..can i do that??.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you create a DLL the compiler will generate two files -- one with dll extension and the other with lib extension. Then when you compile the application program (console or windows) you tell the commpiler to link with the DLL's *.lib file. You will have to manually create a header file that prototypes the functions you exported in the DLL so that the header file can be used in the application program.

Here are some google links and videos you will want to study.

so can i change the console application to windows application..i have interface that need to make a dll..can i do that??.

Generally, yes.

thank you so muchhh ancient dragon..im so confuse about the dll thing...huhuhu...i will try my best and make it a succes...thankzzz again...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.