I am trying to execute a batch file which in turn executes an exe and writes output to a file, through java. I do not know why but the output file is not always written. Sometimes the program terminates without writing the file and sometimes it does. Any suggestions? Is there anyway i can wait till the execution of the batch file is complete?Will be great if somebody can help!thanks.

post the code

Thanks. The following code is inside a function within a class. Now there is an application called triple used for inferencing. It is an exe but I am not able to invoke it directly. Thats why all the hassle. It consists of two parts.The first part as shown below calls "Commandline" which generates a file. Then when I call the xsbexec.bat, it takes the file thats generated and uses it to generate an output. That i'm redirecting to another file.

String[] args1 = new String[2];

args1[0] = "copyTriple.triple";
        // "copyTriple.triple";
        args1[1] = "Ignored arguments";
        System.out.println("Calling commandline main");
        Commandline.main(args1);
try {

Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
            String[] args2 = { "xsbexec.bat" };
            rt.exec(args2);
            fout1.close();  p1.close();
            boolean success = (new File("copyTriple.triple")).delete();
            if (!success) {
                    System.out.println("copyTriple not deleted");
            }
            System.out.println("done");
            }   
        catch (IOException ioe) {
            System.out.println(ioe);
            }

The following is what the batch file contains:

@echo off

rem adapt paths here

set XSB=C:\XSB\config\x86-pc-windows\bin\xsb
rem end adapt

echo running %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
%XSB% --nobanner --quietload --noprompt -e "['C:\Documents and Settings\Uthru\workspace\Patient records\#out']." >xsbex2.out

echo done.

exit

Thanks a tonne!

post the code

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.