Hi,

i wanted to install maven in my windows 7 laptop.so i downloaded maven bin.zip file from maven website.then i extracted it to the program files as they have said.then i gave the relevant environment variables.but when i'm trying to check that the maven has successfully installed by running the command "mvn --version",it says not recognise as a internal or external command.but i followed the steps correctly to install maven.please can anybody help me to solve this?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

have you restarted your computer since you installed. in order to update environment variables you have to reset your system. also did you add the mavin directory to your path? (the directory where all the mavin executables are)

you man bin path of the maven directory?yes i did that

sorry dont have any other ideas. you can undo all your work and repeat the steps that usualy works for me.

good luck

After maven download,extract it ,place it at any location and then add that path(till bin) to system environment path and you are ready to use.
Refer

make sure that JAVA_HOME exists in your user variables or in the system variables

@IIM,
previously i had put the maven folder inside the program files.but now i move it to another place.and previously i declare two system variables.those were,
MAVEN=path to the maven directory
MAVEN_HOME=%MAVEN%bin
but now i directly edit the PATH variable and put MAVEN/bin.now i think some difference has occured.but when i type mvn --versio it shows this,(please click following link.i uploaded screenshot of my command prompt)

Click Here

but my javac works fine.
i'm using windows 7 64-bit OS.is there any issues with that?

make sure that JAVA_HOME exists in your user variables or in the system variables and it is set to the location of your JDK, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02 and that %JAVA_HOME%\bin is in your Path environment variable.

The above steps confirms that maven is working but cannot find JDK path.Check your path.
Then it will work

Java and Maven installation + configuration can be found here. However I do not have good experiences with Maven under Windows 7. Last time I tried to use it build process couldn't download project dependencies to my local .m2 directory because of permission issues

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.