Hi! I'm creating a system right now. My boss told me create an installer for the system. But I don't know how? Can someone help me?! Thanks! God bless! :D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

right-click on the project in the solution explorer and choose publish

Have a look at Inno Setup. Free installer for Windows programs.
See http://www.jrsoftware.org

I have used this for many projects, and so does a lot of others.

Calle
:-)

Hi,

Like Calleman said you can use Inno Setup, but first I want to ask you wich version of VB.net your working with?

@Luc001
I'm using vb.net 2010. Why? :)
@Calleman & @tinstaafl
Thanks a lot! :D

Hi,

I'm asking because in some versions there is a setup & deployment project build in.
In VB.Net 2010 you can find that project in:

File -> New project -> Other project types -> setup and Deployment -> make your selection

Grtz,

TYPE YOUR QUESTION IN YOUTUBE AND SEARCH

DO SAME THING FOR ANY QUESTION

As an alternative to Inno Setup, I'd also recommend WiX. That's what we use at my consulting company in place of the Visual Studio setup project, which has given us trouble in the past, and it's proven quite versatile and powerful (if a little obtuse initially).

Also note that if you're using the Express versions of Visual Studio, the setup and deployment templates are not included out of the box.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.