I have a project I currently working on.
It's a management system that has forms for Sales, purchases and deaths(poultry birds).
I place a menu strip on the main form and every thing seems to be right.
But when try to load the purchase form, it doesn't load. I said so because under the mybase.load of the form i have a procedure that refreshes a data grid view placed on the form. But it doesn't show up anything.

Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you tried using the Me.Load event instead to see what happens?

Yes and still the same.

Is mybase the name of the purchase form? If not then you have to have an event handler of the form

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

where you replace Form1 with the actual form name as in

Private Sub frmPurchase_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles frmPurchase.Load

End Sub

If you do have an event handler like that then add

MsgBox("loading purchase form")

and tell us if the message is displayed.

Please check if the frmPurchase_Load is at the top of all the other code. I am not sure if that will work but I've experienced the same problem and that was the solution.

@ Jim
The message box popped up which means the form is firing thanks.
It was because the sub that will refresh my datagridview was not doing its work.
Thanks. Its fixed now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.