As i work through my code, i notice a little error message as i try to compile/build my code. It says that the PDB File is missing.

Can someone explain to me what is a PDB file and how do i make it "visible" in order to keep the error messages from showing up?

thank you.

I am using visual studios 2012, windows 8.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

a best approach will be that uninstall it and again install your visual studios, 2012. I had same problem 10-11 days back, the problem was solved after reinstalling it. don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for me. hope it helps. thanks.

hmmm, i tried that a few hours ago (even updated it to the latest version).
I still see the error. Any clues?

umm.. may be if you want it right now, then i think this may be solved by google on 1-2 links. If you can wait, then I think other can help you very soon. thanks.

commented: i'll do both +8

I will do both. I will wait for an answer + i will be searching for an answer, so i can share my knowledge.

Click Here It will surely help you. hope it helps! thanks.

commented: ok +0

... strange, i already have it set up like that? Any other clues?

all set up are already done which is given in comments and which is given by OP in the question ? . Are you done with both of them ?

all set up are already done which is given in comments and which is given by OP in the question ? . Are you done with both of them ?

I am sorry, i don't understand what you mean. Can you reclarify, i think i misread what you meant?

PDB stands for Program DataBase where Visual Studio files are concerned. It contains all the debugging symbols for your library or executable. Not being able to find a PDB file will not stop your application working, however, you may not be able to debug (with source code) the respective library.

You should be able to debug the assembler output though.

Well now i know what PDB stands for :). So how do i get VS to find the PDB file? I have done multiple things, and it still doesn't work... :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.