I am currently working on a project that involves saving a picture to a sql database. I have done quite a bit of research on this and have found a lot of useful stuff but nothing where I can actually develop some code from.

Simply put, it is a datagridview in VB.net 2008 using sql 2008 that will have a picture box and the title of the picture. I just need to be able to upload the picture to the database for retrieval.

I appreciate any help I can get for this. I am not necesarily looking for the answer, just guide me in the right direction.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try to create a usercontrol and put the picturebox and label there then use that as your repository in the grid.

Thanks for all of your help. However, I am trying to find a way that saves a link to the database. The link will be the path to where the picture is on the server.

I hope that makes sense. lol

Right, just save the image path to the database, by that you can save a lot of space compare if you save the image to the database. And to make it more orginized, create a folder where you save all the images.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.