Most important things in C # Sharp, as a Student Leaning the programming..

1. CONSOLE
  2. Web Forms

and other Things , Suggesstion me

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hi zaidiSEO and welcome to Daniweb :)

It really depends on what you need to accomplish. C# can be used for a console application, a web application, a windows service, a winforms application, a mobile application, ... the possibilities are almost endless. I'm not sure that one is more important than another but all are possible ;)

Those 2 are not nearly as important as understanding the language and OO itself. Coding comes afterwards, and you will pick up the syntax and uses for different types of applications (consol, wpf, etc) later.

As stated earlier, understanding what is needed is the first and most important approach.

Hi zaidiSEO,

C# is a programming laguage as we all know however what all you can do with C# is a question that has something close to infinite limits.
Moreover, what Visual Studio (one of the IDEs in which you can do C# stuff) has got for you and which is most frequestly in used are :=

1. Windows Forms Applications.
  2. ASP.Net (Web Applications).
  3. WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation).
  4. Silverlight.
  5. Console Application.
    And many more to go.....

To start a quick learning of C#, you may proceed with the Console application as the above mentioned points are technologies or approaches we need to apply in order to achieve a particular requirement whether for web or windows.
So, I'd suggest you to kindly try out the basic OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts before C#, then go through the syntax of C#, try implementing the OOP concepts in C#, and then proceed to developing some project in Console/WinForms etc.

There's a lot you can learn, trust me :)

Thanks all darkagn, Cameronsmith63 and Specially KM499... :)

one more Question about C#

C# consists of different platforms..
so may ask u that one man became the Expert for..

Windows Forms Applications.
ASP.Net (Web Applications).
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation).
Silverlight.
Console Application.

"Expert" is a tricky word. I wouldn't expect anyone to be an expert in one of those, much less all of them. However, being competent in all of them or even proficient is certainly possible.

Though Silverlight's lifetime is questionable. We're not sure if Microsoft will continue to expand and maintain it with the advent of HTML5. Windows Forms may have a similar fate.

The current du jour core technologies seem to be Entity Framework, WCF, MVC, WPF, and Azure.

Hi, there is no ideal expert (perfect, rather) here but what we all can do is share our questions and discuss with each other about any of these above mentioned technologies.
As you start learning these technologies, you may get some questions which you can understand very easily if you go step-by-step and also speaking particularly for myself, I know about these technologies but again I am also not a perfectionist. I have asked many questions here which you may find unreasonable going further. So, best way to discover this fact is to start now...I hope you would agree to the same :)

Interesting question. Through experience, in .Net, the code stays the same, the setup is somewhat different.

Example, I started off with console apps, I became comfortable with it.

I then started playing around with forms, the code stayed the same.

Then i created services, the code stayed the same.

In conclusion (my opinion), the code stays the same, there are just different ways of implementing solutions based on requirements. If it happens that you must create services, then familiarise yourself with how the service template is laid out. The same goes for forms, the same goes for console apps.

Adding to Cameronsmith63's point, I would rather say that although the overall code syntax remains the same however some classes and namespaces differ as we change from Console to WPF to ASP.Net to any other.
And yes, its all C# or VB mostly in the end (while most of them use other languages too depending upon the requirements).

Example, I started off with console apps, I became comfortable with it.
I then started playing around with forms, the code stayed the same.
Then i created services, the code stayed the same.

If you mean the syntax of C#, then sure. But semantics and design can change considerably. Between a console app and a GUI app, the jump to event-driven behavior can be jarring. From personal experience, the jump from a GUI app to an ASP.NET app is quite jarring due to the stateless nature of a web app.

There's a huge learning curve if you know Windows Forms and move to WPF because the design process changes drastically.

Each technology has its own quirks and best practices.

Programming is not all about the syntax and is the least of your problem, programming is, i would say 80% problem solving and logic and math, first you must know what you want to make(program) then proceed to break that problem into smaller chunks that will help you get the bigger picture. This may be a bit generalized descriptions but once start thinking in problem solving way and not reading syntax way, things will be much clearer(is that a word?), and then i think you can learn any programming language no sweat, then it will be just the matter of syntax, which makes 20% of the whole programming experience.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.