Hi, I have some deals with this. I can't make this run. It says that "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB 12.0 is not registered on the local machine". I tried with diferent providers, but still not running. I tried installing the Access Database Engine Driver, and the application seems that don't want to run. What I do then?

Public Sub Home_Form_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Connections = New OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OlEDB 12.0;Data Source = C:\Projects\EleccionesFontan\TheGoods.accdb")
        Connections.Open()
        Commands = New OleDbCommand("SELECT UserID from TheData", Connections)
        Adapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
        Adapter.SelectCommand = Commands
        SubTable = New Data.DataTable()
        Adapter.Fill(SubTable)
        NameBox.DataSource = ComeData.Tables("TheData").DefaultView
        NameBox.ValueMember = "UserID"
        NameBox.DisplayMember = "UserID"

End Sub

PS. I'm thinking about translate this to an excel file for run the file and let do the app the magic.

Thanks anyway :-)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

64 bit, and I installed it before, and it doesn't run

In line #2 try changing the space between "OLEDB" and "12.0" to a "." (dot or period). So the line reads: Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; instead of Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEB 12.0;

If you still have problems, ensure you can make a connection in VS.

• Select "View" (from menu)
  • Select "Server Explorer"
  • Right-click "Data Connections"
  • Select "Add Connection"
  • Browse for you Database file name
  • Click "Test Connection"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.