Hi
is there a similar as eclipse entreprise workbench free..
i downloaded eclipse but my java programs does not work with this eclipse they were working with eclipse entreprise 2014 but this program is not free..and i m only learning java and sometimes c++
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How don't your java programs work with eclipse? Please explain in detail. FWIW, eclipse alse supports C/C++ development.

Eclipse comes in many different (free) versions, supporting different subsets of usage. You need to download a version that suports as much as possible of your needs, then download the remining pieces that you need.
It's all explained here: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/compare.php?release=kepler

Hi
thanks i have downloaded the eclipse kepler 2014 but all my examples and exos have question marque no one is working..
with eclipse entreprise workbench 2014 they were fine
i have all these errors when i proceed..

**Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Application : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
Could not find the main class: Application. Program will exit.

That looks like a problem with your installed Java version vs the class files or jars you are using, not Eclipse. You could download the latest version of Java 7 and re-compile everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.