is there a way that i can link JAVA with C#??
or that i can write a C# code in a Java code??
THNX

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What exactly are you trying to do?

Be advised that C# and Java do the same things, mostly. Is there something specific that you need Java or C# for that would cause you not to use one explicitly?

If you were talking web applications, you could definitely do things with XML/SOAP to talk between a Java application and a C# application. That's about the only thing that you can do, though-- there's not really an API that I'm aware of that you can use to make the two interact.

Greetings:
It can be done via JNI, i once did that in 2 steps, from java to c++ and then from c++ to c#, in java`s webpage there`s a tutorial on doing this, from java to c++ and viceversa.
For writing c# code in Java code, im pretty sure that`s not possible since they`re different languages but as alc6379 said almost everything you can do in C# can be done in Java.

Hi,

You have some options. Your first and best bet is to use JNI to expose Java functionality native codes and consume them through Platform Invoke. A more exotic approach would be to use one of the free Java VM implementations in C# so that you can interpret Java code within C#. But my suggestion would be to convert from Java to C#, there are wizards facilitating the whole process a lot and this way you won't suffer performance and type incompatibility problems.

Loren Soth

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.