Dear all,

i created a vb project for faculty evaluation. for that i also created a database in MS Access. Now I want to include one of the field in table into the section 4 of the datareport. is it possible?. if yes what will be the code. below i explain with an eg.

in the table the fields are faculty_code, faculty_name,Batch,session etc..
there are 40 students in a class they give a particular mark to a faculty say 'A'. there is a form where the entire faculty list displayed. when any select the faculty name the report will dispaly.
i inserted the fields for the report in detail session. but now i want, the report name is like " Faculty Evaluation report of 'A' ".

is there any possibility ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm sorry, I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are trying to accomplish. You have a database that stores information about the faculty, and you want to do what exactly with it?

I'm sorry, I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are trying to accomplish. You have a database that stores information about the faculty, and you want to do what exactly with it?

Dear sir,

ur right. i have database contains the faculty details. i want to retrive it back. for that i have created a datareport . and using the dataenvironment i set the connection and usind add command option i set the criteria. then i drag field from the command to the details section of the datareport. i got the results. but my problem i explained below with an eg.

my database named faculty contain the following fields: Slno Fname, Scode, Batch, Emark1, Emark2 ,Avg

there are 5 students and 2 faculties are in a batch.

each students evaluate each faculties.

letus assume that A & B are the faculties and they take the subjects as CMA & QNM respectively.

as per their evaluation the database contain the following details

Slno Fname Scode Batch Emark1 Emark2 Avg
1 A CMA B1 5 3 4
2 B QNM B1 4 1 3

3 A CMA B1 4 4 4
4 B QNM B1 3 3 3

5 A CMA B1 5 5 5
6 B QNM B1 4 5 4.5

7 A CMA B1 4 5 4.5
8 B QNM B1 5 3 4

9 A CMA B1 5 3 4
10 B QNM B1 4 1 3

there is a form. in that there is a combo box which containing the list of facultits. when i select one of the faculty (assume it as 'A') the report contains his details only. as per above records 5 records are shown in the report. i got it correctly. i typed the following code in the click event of the command button in the form.

DataEnvironment1.rsResult.Open "SELECT * FROM EResult where faculty='" & lblfacultyname & "'"
DataReport4.Orientation = rptOrientLandscape
DataReport4.Refresh
DataReport4.Show vbModal
DataEnvironment1.rsResult.Close

i got the result as follows

FACULTY EVALUATION RESULT OF

Fname Scode Batch Emark1 Emark2 Avg
A CMA B1 5 3 4
A CMA B1 4 4 4
A CMA B1 5 5 5
A CMA B1 4 5 4.5
A CMA B1 5 3 4

here u see that the facultyname is repeated for n times. i want to put the faculty name in section 4 ie. as report header. insted of

FACULTY EVALUATION RESULT OF i want

FACULTY EVALUATION RESULT OF A

this is my query is it clear for u. if yes then is ther any provosion?. again u can't understand give me ur email ID i will send my project.

thanking you

Vijesh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.