Hello to all developers out there.

Just wanted to know if i can embedd my existing VB application in a browser window so that when the link is loaded the application runs and accepts the input from the user.

If it is possible i would really be grateful if you could provide me the small code to do so, as i have weak web design and coding basics.

Thanks in advance for your help, see you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ive been looking for something like this all week, i think you can embed an ocx somehow but its still something i need the answer to myself.

Hi im new by the way,
just joined up so i can find out the answer to this question but the rest of the forum looks like a good read.

Not an entire application....... UNLESS the app itself was built as a control. If you built the entire thing in an activex control, then yes. It's as easy as using the <OBJECT> tag of HTML, and referencing the ClassID, and the CODEBASE for the OCX. This site has a quick tutorial: http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/091698-1.shtml

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.