Hi' there...

Anyone with an interest in AI ??

We have been working on an AI-system for quite some time and now invite others to participate.

The basic concept in the "game" we are constructing is as follows:

You have an aquarium filled with 3 types of insects. By adjusting some parameters you must ensure that they:
(1) Survive
(2) creates more and more complex cooperation structures

Our test-implementation (Colline) shows that this is feasible without too much effort, which means that we are ready to start with the actual implementation which should show faster and more organized code, better graphics etc.. Our goal is to create socalled "strong AI", and create it on open source terms, i.e. no greedy control of the project (our aim is higher). Similar "war of the ants"-systems has been created earlier, however to show an overall intelligence the types of behaviour must somehow fit together to form a wholeness. We believe that we are very close to this point with the Colline-system... judge for yourself.

Our interest in the project is partly an interest in AI, partly an interest in the philosophical and existential parallels that the system has... but another approach to the system could be that you find it amusing to co-create a small minituare-world! Also we believe that our current IT bases/ operating systems are heading towards a "big clash" because the systems are getting too complex... a replacement (based on AI) is needed.

Our geographical base is Denmark/Aalborg, but everybody is welcome to download our background-theory, as well as software and see what further development can do ( http://colline.dk/AI.html ).

Feel free to post any comments and questions!

/tino

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Seems like you've spammed quite a few forums!

I'll read your work anyhoo. I tried to download the sample program -but it gave me an error saying something about a missing MFC dll ?

Yes, I know! (both reg. spamming and the error)

... although I wouldn't label it spamming since we give an opportunity to participate in a project that some of you would probably find very exciting.. of course we also do it to get your help, in order for the project not to get 'stuck in the bottom drawer'.. that would be quite a vaste I think

reg. the error, I don't know what causes it. Most of the programming was done by me, and I'm not a C++ wiz. However, if MS visual studio is installed on your PC the error shouldn't occur. Not much help if you do not use this development program... maybe someone else has an idea? ... it would be very nice to fix this error

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>reg. the error, I don't know what causes it. Most of the programming was done by me, and I'm not a C++ wiz. However, if MS visual studio is installed on your PC the error shouldn't occur.

Well that's nice in theory if everyone has visual studio. Since I don't that's a problem. You should try to make your code as portable as possible. There's no reason why you should only need visual studio for you work.

Fix that, or provide the necessary dlls or whatever to execute it.

I have browsed through the visual studio program, but can not locate where you choose to incorporate the dll's when making a .exe file.

If any one of you is familiar with MS visual studio and knows this, I would greatly appreciate a hint or two :-|

Hi,
I liked your idea.I am currently reviewing your concept and code.
Regards
Arnab

I have browsed through the visual studio program, but can not locate where you choose to incorporate the dll's when making a .exe file.

In Solution Explorer right click on the References map.
Choose Add Reference...
Add all the dll's of the world if you like, they will be linked with your .exe when appropriate.

commented: From a fellow Belgian (Flemish) +5

Still looking for programming, as well as organizing help!

Hi, allways fascinated with AI, can't help myself but maybe this place is a good place to ask for help: Gamedev_AI_Forum

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the tip ... have just tried Gamedev_AI_forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.