Good Day all

i am using Navigation service as depicted below

<Frame x:Name="_home"     NavigationUIVisibility="Hidden" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"   Width="2749" Margin="0,12,0,0"   /> 

and i navigate to the Page like this

(Application.Current.MainWindow.FindName("_home") as Frame).Source = new Uri("/F1.xaml", UriKind.Relative);  

which work fine. now in the Navigated page, lets just say a page shown in the Frame,there is some functionality like Calculate ,e.g that calculates Age based on the years(Example). Now from the Main Page i have a Button that says Calculate , i want to call the function or invoke a button click of Frame page from the Main Page.

Well i have tried this from the main page

private void btnCalculate_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            F1 f1 = new F1(); 
            f1.CalculateYear();
        } 

no but does not work, the break-point does reach the F1 page but the UI does not have calculated results.

One other thing i tried earlier is to pass the value that will be used in the calculation from the main , but when the one follow the variable value they just return an empty string when you follow it while stepping through it.

How is this done

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So if you are trying to programmically click a button, you can do something like btnCalculate.PerformClick();. Is that what you trying to do, is programmically click the button? Or did I misread this?

Normally every form level events are declared privately. So you can not access them from another form or page . To do this you can create procedure publicly in a module or class and call it from any where in your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.