Hi, did anyone know how to send email using vb.net without username and password of user, for example it can detect current user crediantials of email(outlook). Most of the google example is using username and password. Please help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am not a VB.NET developer (or a .net developer at all, for that matter) but I can't imagine that this would be possible.

If I'm using an app that sends an email, it would either be sending an email using the user credentials for the app/developer, or it might open my mail client (whether that's Outlook or macOS Mail or whatever it is I use, as an end-user) and prepare an email draft to be sent out (much like the HTML mailto: link), but I can't see an email being sent from my own credentials without my explicit intervention.

commented: the previous developer create an application thru vb.net and linked with users pc, so when users click on the specific button it send auto emails +0

the previous developer create an application thru vb.net and linked with users pc, so when users click on the specific button it send auto emails

Does it actually send out the email, or does it just add a draft to the the email client? Is the expectation that the end-user must have Microsoft Outlook installed and used as their default mail app? What if they have multiple email accounts? How does the app choose which account to use? This seems like an excessive violation of privacy.

ignore the comment part, as newbie just found how to reply this topic.

the previous developer create an application thru vb.net and saved at server, linked with users pc, so when users click on the specific button it send auto emails and every users have different crediantials. still wondering how he managed to do this way.

Any ideas how to send email via vb.net ? without using user's password and email. by using smtp maybe

SMTP requires users credentials and is primarily used, IMHO, when connecting to a third-party server.

Again, not a .NET person, though.

Still confused. let me try it

I looked into this a while ago as I have a VB.net app that I wanted the uses to be able to send emails, but without using my personal email credentials. I couldn't find a way of sending emails without credential.

The best way I found of doing this was to sign up to a free email account (I use mail.com), create a nonsensical username and long complex password and embed the credentials in the app.

There may be a problem with this method if you want to send a lot of messages in batches in that the mail company may think you're spamming and cancel the account.

Alternatively if you have your own domain use that and direct any replys to the deleted folder.

As I read this post, I found it to be very helpful. Thank you for posting it. I enjoyed reading it.

Doing so would result in email spam and ultimately not be looked at by the recipient and highlighted as a spam IP address, not a good idea, unless the intention is the create spam then I would say shame on you. There is nothing worse for the recipient than top get a random email from a no-reply address, I ignore them as I want to be able to respond, it gets treated in the same way, by me, as incorrectly addressed mail shots, they have ignored my rgistration and I RTS it back as not known at this address and they have to pay for the postage.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.