Hello ,

I have question regarding visual studio , I have a console application that uses some data from Linux server ,

how can I run my application remotely from my windows on Linux without having to add the application on the Linux server .. for the sake of debugging I added my application on the server to try it and it worked but how to do that remotely ?

Thank in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is this like a card trick without a deck of cards? Sorry but no, the app has to run on the host so the code has to be copied there i.e. installed.

I think we need a bit more information about what type of data is on the linux server that you're trying to access. For example, it's definitely possible for a console application to connect to a server to fetch information. That information doesn't need to be locally stored where the application is running. Many apps "phone home" all the time. But we do need some more information in terms of the console app being .NET based, if I understand you correctly? Is it web-based? You said a console app, right? What kind of information does it fetch from the linux server?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.