HI All,

I am trying to make an inventory/sales database in Access and VB6. Its for my computer store. Here is the case:

Usually we have sales offers in our store. For example, for a complete PC system, we have different offers depending on hardware. Usually the price range changes with better configuration, e.g, more RAM, bigger Hard Disk, etc. Now I want to implement these offers in such a way in Access Database, when we enter the data for any sale, we dont have to re-enter all the hardware, quantity, price etc, again for each offer, as a particular offer has always same hardawre components/quantity/price. Usually if a customer wants to buy a PC system, based on his own choice of hardware, we would enter the data in SALES table in each field for each peice of hardware(e.g,CPU, Monitor type, RAM, HDisk, keyboard, etc,etc) being sold, as well as quantity and price. I have implemented this easily. But for those special offers(which customers mostly buy from out store), I want to automate the data entry in such a way, that when the customer wants to buy any of our particular offer, we just choose the OFFER code from combo box
or drop down list, and the SALES table is automatically accumulated with data from that particular OFFER.

How to implement that in Access and Visual Basic 6? Any Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Create 2 tables in Access : Offers & Offer-Items. 1 Offer can have several items. When u r entering the sales, select the offer and write code so that the items for the selected offer come into the sales form/table automatically. This would require very simple SQL. I don't know how u have implemented the current system, so can't really offer any detailed idea. But this should help you get the method

hi...
I too had the same problem....
But your message helped me a lot...
Thanks for your posting...
Does anyone know the required configuration to enable arabic data entry in Jdeveloper precisly using JSF/ADF BC ?
data entry india

Create 2 tables in Access : Offers & Offer-Items. 1 Offer can have several items. When u r entering the sales, select the offer and write code so that the items for the selected offer come into the sales form/table automatically. This would require very simple SQL. I don't know how u have implemented the current system, so can't really offer any detailed idea. But this should help you get the method

so need more information how u did it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.