Hi,
Hi friends i am new to this site.Am happy to tell you guys out there that i liked this site and all the effort that everyone has put to keep this site going.
Now coming to the point,i need to decide on a project possibly in c/c++/java which is related to an operating systems.I actually need this for my operating system course.May be something related to file systems,security,scheduling,P threads,distributed systems, inter process communication,concurrency and any other topic you think is good.This is graduation level topic that i need.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
Hi friends i am new to this site.Am happy to tell you guys out there that i liked this site and all the effort that everyone has put to keep this site going.
Now coming to the point,i need to decide on a project possibly in c/c++/java which is related to an operating systems.I actually need this for my operating system course.May be something related to file systems,security,scheduling,P threads,distributed systems, inter process communication,concurrency and any other topic you think is good.This is graduation level topic that i need.

Hm well on this forum you can get diffrent answers. The best way probably is to consult your teacher.

You can implement deadlock related algorithms. I think that'll be interesting.

You can implement deadlock related algorithms. I think that'll be interesting.

Do you have anything more specific please.

Maybe you would want to have a look here for some OS related resources. It features the implementation of a bankers algo and some of the other advanced topics overview which should help you in deciding which project to choose.
http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/.dowling/CSC080/

Hope it helped, bye.

Do you have anything more specific please.

I meant you can implement algorithms for
1) Deadlock Prevention
2) Deadlock Avoidance
3) Deadlock Detection etc.

You can choose specific area out of them or implement all of them if your project needs to be big.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.