How would someone go about building an audio conversion program using VB.NET 2005? Or more specifically, say I wanted to build a program that would allow the user to select a *.WMA file and convert it to a *.WAV file. From a design standpoint, thats a pretty easy setup; couple labels, a textbox and a button. But from the code aspect I'm sure there are codecs to deal with as well as some other things. Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It's always easier to download something that is already made. But, what fun is that? And, kind of defeats the purpose of making your own.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

It's always easier to download something that is already made. But, what fun is that? And, kind of defeats the purpose of making your own.

I guess, however, I would imagine the conversion to be highly abstract. I.e dealing with code on a byte, perhaps even bit level. This is not my idea of fun.

Personally, I would just steal the hard-core conversion part from somewhere else, and just design the front end of the application.

Thanks for a usefull nudge Waynespangler

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.