I know absoulutely nothing about compiling source code other than you need MS Visual Studio to compile it. I have the express (free) version of it, can you compile in this version?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you are talking about assembly code -- yes but it must be in-line assembly code. Here is an example C function with inline assembly.

int foo()
{
   _asm
   {
       // put your assembly code here
   }
}

>>you need MS Visual Studio to compile it
no you do not need Visual Studio. There are lots of free assemblers.

if its c++ code use something like bloodhsed dev c++

If you are talking about assembly code -- yes but it must be in-line assembly code. Here is an example C function with inline assembly.

int foo()
{
   _asm
   {
       // put your assembly code here
   }
}

>>you need MS Visual Studio to compile it
no you do not need Visual Studio. There are lots of free assemblers.

So what file do I need to open within the source code? How do I save the compiled version?

First, this is not the right board to be discussing C and C++ topics. There are several tutorials, the topic is just too complicated to explain fully here.

You might be better off getting free masm assembler and use Notepad to write your programs. I hope you are studying an Intrudoction to Assembly book because you will definitely need it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.