Hi,

I'm more than likely in the wrong place and if I am can somone please direct me to the right place!

Heres my query.

I am an online promoter and I do a lot of my promotional work by sending out thousands of messages a day on social community websites. Obviously this takes some time so I was thinking what I need is a program that could, once I'v logged onto the website find all the online members and send them a message automatically rembering which members it has messaged before so it did not repeat.

I need to know what kind of program this would need to be and how expensive and difficult it would be to produce.

I would really apprecieate some help,

Kabrina

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Do you realize that this is called as a spam attack and is not legal ?

Basically what you are asking for are scripts which sift through websites and finds mail addresses and mails them.

This is normally the principle on which search engines are based on, but using it for your personal gain....

Do you realize that this is called as a spam attack and is not legal ?

Basically what you are asking for are scripts which sift through websites and finds mail addresses and mails them.

This is normally the principle on which search engines are based on, but using it for your personal gain....

No, maybe I was not claer enough.

I send messages to members of online communities it is not done through email just private messaging members of sites such as myspace.

In other words, unsolicited marketing emails (or private messages) or whatever else you want to call it.

AKA SPAM.

Explain the bit which makes it a good idea for me to help you to become a real PITA to me sometime later, because I'm just not seeing what I get out of this deal at the moment.

Not just is spamming illegal and immoral, it's also a violation of the terms of service of pretty much any website.
And so is using automated scripts to post messages and annoy users with private messages.

Your program could be of many different types. And actually, it would be quite simple to make. On the other hand, im not sure of it's legallity, so i won't explain. Besides, i could only teach to make programs & not to direct u to anyone who would make them for others.

Your program could be of many different types. And actually, it would be quite simple to make. On the other hand, im not sure of it's legallity, so i won't explain. Besides, i could only teach to make programs & not to direct u to anyone who would make them for others.

In response to the spam issue the website itself offers a package where it will deliver your chosen message to its many hundreds of thousand of members, however I cannot afford this and was looking for a way around it.

All messages sent on the site are unsolicited but that doesnt make them illegal. Its a networking site I just cant afford the promotional package the site offers and wanted a more efficient way of working than sending out thousands of individual messages a day.

All messages sent on the site are unsolicited but that doesnt make them illegal.

It should.

I send messages to members of online communities it is not done through email just private messaging members of sites such as myspace.

Great! I have a band and we have a myspace-account. Do you know how many 'promotional' emails we get? I annoys me big time. Why would you send anything to anyone when they never asked you to do so? If I see a company's name in a 'promotional' email, I will sure as hell never ever buy anything from them again.

And now you're asking people from an IT-forum to write you a spambot? These people are the people who use the computer the most and thus have to deal with spam the most. If you believe someone here will help you, you're a born optimist...

It should.

Great! I have a band and we have a myspace-account. Do you know how many 'promotional' emails we get? I annoys me big time. Why would you send anything to anyone when they never asked you to do so? If I see a company's name in a 'promotional' email, I will sure as hell never ever buy anything from them again.

And now you're asking people from an IT-forum to write you a spambot? These people are the people who use the computer the most and thus have to deal with spam the most. If you believe someone here will help you, you're a born optimist...

Niek

Would you not email people and tell them about your band? promotion is not just about re-informing those who are already aware as this would mostly be a waste of time but informing the unaware.

If I get a response that my mail is unwelcome and I must say out of the thousands of messages I have sent I have had one, I will never mail that person again and I never email anyone more than once anyway.

I do understand that junk mail to a personal email is annoying but if you are a member of a site that is about networking and making friends I do not see this as an issue and have not recieved a negative response until asking for help on this site.

I appologise if I have offended anyone I was simply seeking a way to bypass the sites extortionate promtional packages which do what I know I could do for free or a lot cheaper with a little guidance, or even give the project to a student who needed the work and money a lot more.

It seems that I will have to give in and pay the site as this quest is proving unsuccessful.

Once again I appologise for any offence caused.

Would you not email people and tell them about your band?

No. We only send a newsletter to the people who have asked for it.

If I get a response that my mail is unwelcome and I must say out of the thousands of messages I have sent I have had one,

If I had to reply to every spam-mail I get, it would take up most of my time. I never reply on spam, because then the sender knows that my adress is in active use and I'll get even more spam.

I do understand that junk mail to a personal email is annoying

Here I totaly agree with you.

Once again I appologise for any offence caused.

It takes more then that to offence me, I just like a healty debat!

In response to the spam issue the website itself offers a package where it will deliver your chosen message to its many hundreds of thousand of members, however I cannot afford this and was looking for a way around it.

What site is that? Just to make sure I avoid them like the plague.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.