hi dudes,
i need an urgent response for a project at the uni.
i'm looking for code which can recognize operating system tasks\actions and output it in text format.
i.e
when i'm clicking on "Start" button, the code will generate a text string:
"Click on Start"
cheers mates
Izi :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1) we're not here to do your homework.
2) we're not here at your beg and call to jump whenever you are in a hurry. Plan your time better.

Do your own research, and come with specific questions about areas where you're stuck, you might actually learn something (I know it's a shocking prospect).

Member Avatar for iamthwee

hi dudes,
i need an urgent response for a project at the uni.
i'm looking for code which can recognize operating system tasks\actions and output it in text format.
i.e
when i'm clicking on "Start" button, the code will generate a text string:
"Click on Start"
cheers mates
Izi :rolleyes:

Good luck with that you'll need it.

enough with the sarcasim...
i'm talking about "user event capturing".
is that even doable, and if so how long will it take me?

cheers
izi

it can be done.
Might possibly even be done in Java or VB (you do seem to not care what language people use to do your homework in for you...), but those aren't the most suitable choices to implement such a system.

And no, we're not going to write it for you, and come to think we're not going to help you write it at all as it reeks suspiciously of writing a keylogger which are almost exclusively used in spyware and trojans.

JButton startButton = new JButton("Start");
startButton.addActionListener(new ActionListener()
{
    public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
    {
        System.out.println("Click on Start");
    }
});
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.