This demonstration was originally proposed to be posted as a Python tutorial but with further inspection it was deemed more of a "how-to" guide, in this case, how-to create simple animation via Tkinter (Tool Kit Interface)

All the necessary elements are included in the attched zip file. This includes:

• The souce code (in txt form)
  • All GIF images for the animation
  • A "ReadMe" that thoroughly describes the details and specs necessary in order to run this on your own system. Please read this first in order to understand where all files need to be stored in reference to eachother on your system (** Note: This demo was designed and built on Windows XP; I cannot say if it will run on UNIX\ Linux)

Please feel free to fully optimize\ edit this code at will. Post your results so we can all see it and learn from what you did.

Regards,
sharky_machine

happygeek commented: thanks for posting this +10

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I'm having trouble unzipping it on Linux. All I get is the error message unsupported compression method 98 :confused:

I'm having trouble unzipping it on Linux. All I get is the error message unsupported compression method 98 :confused:

mawe:
I am sorry for this problem opening the zip file. I am not, though, well-versed in UNIX\ Linux and cannot determine at this point a solution to this problem.

Regards,
sharky_machine

>>'m having trouble unzipping it on Linux.
are you using gzip ?

Heh. On WinXP I got "Skipped unknown compression method." I thought it was just me. :lol: I can see the file names, but I can't unzip them. Or is this an NSA challenge? :p

Jeff

are you using gzip ?

Tried it wit gzip and unzip. No success :confused:

Does it work on your computer? If so, could you please create a tar.gz and post it? ;)

Heh. On WinXP I got "Skipped unknown compression method." I thought it was just me. :lol: I can see the file names, but I can't unzip them. Or is this an NSA challenge? :p

Jeff

I just now unziped it without any problems using WinZip on XP. I don't have *nix computer so can not test it there.

Tried it wit gzip and unzip. No success :confused:

Does it work on your computer? If so, could you please create a tar.gz and post it? ;)

If you have not done so already, please download a free copy of WINZIP 11.0.

This what I used to zip the files.

Matty D

This what I used to zip the files.

Matty D

**UPDATED:
I made a RAR file for you but Daniweb does not allow this type of file upload as an attachment. I do not think TAR files are allowed either. Sorry about this.

Matty D

*cough* and what exactly would this help under Linux? :confused:

Anyway, I'll unzip it tomorrow on a friends computer. Hope your code is worth all that :)

Looks like WinZip is screwing around with their '.zip' format making the files incompatible with different versions of WinZip and other products like WinRAR and 7Zip. Stay away from WinZip and use something more modern like WinRAR.

I brought up the issue in the ModChamber. In the meantime compress to something better like '.tar' or the super '.tar.bz2', then temporarily add a '.zip' to the end to get it past DaniWeb's somewhat dated restrictions. You have to let the users know that they have to remove the ending '.zip'

Or just use XP zip compression - right click on the folder, and select Send To/Compressed Folder. XP wont unzip this thing, and neither will Python's zipfile module.

-- Paul

[sarcastic] Damn, how many gigabytes is this code. Trim it down to one million lines of code so you don't have to zip it. [/sarcastic]

Or just use XP zip compression - right click on the folder, and select Send To/Compressed Folder. XP wont unzip this thing, and neither will Python's zipfile module.

-- Paul

[sarcastic] Damn, how many gigabytes is this code. Trim it down to one million lines of code so you don't have to zip it. [/sarcastic]

Don't you two know how to read? This thread is 2 1/2 years old for God's sake. I really doubt anyone cares what either of you think about this topic.

Sorry woooee and AD, I should have closed this thread a long time go!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.