The following is the core dump got from the application crash(just took a line from the core dumped file).

003af9dc memcpy   (0, 0, 4629e8, 4629e8, 0, fbc06e65) + e8

I could not understand what it is trying to say here. As memcpy takes three parameters, here it is giving some 6 params. Can anybody explain me what these parameters stands for....

Thanks in advance.

Iqbal

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It's telling you that you're referencing NULL pointers.

I guess I should add:
stdc allows the use of memcpy with the arguments you stated. What the compiler calls as its own version of run-time memcpy can have any number of aguments. A lot of the API is a simplified wrapper to a much more messy-to-use system call.

I'd say that you're over interpreting the data.

Crash dumps have very little symbol information. It's probably just 6 words from the stack pointer. Whether that matches any parameters (or local variables) needs more research.

The only obvious bit of information is the fault address is memcpy + 0xe8

I guess I should add:
stdc allows the use of memcpy with the arguments you stated. What the compiler calls as its own version of run-time memcpy can have any number of aguments. A lot of the API is a simplified wrapper to a much more messy-to-use system call.

Thanks Jim for your kind reply.

I'd say that you're over interpreting the data.

Crash dumps have very little symbol information. It's probably just 6 words from the stack pointer. Whether that matches any parameters (or local variables) needs more research.

The only obvious bit of information is the fault address is memcpy + 0xe8

Thanks Salem for your kind reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.