Hello all,

I'm looking for a good VB.NET book. I know a little about c++ and am looking for something along the lines of a text book.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

I like Murach's Beginning VB.NET. It's got good concrete examples, and programming projects to complete at the end of each chapter.

wrox professonal edition

wrox professonal edition

Try Dietel its good too.. wid loads of examples to work wid..

I am currently using a wrox book, but it's horribly written.

The best VB.NET Book i have ever used is:

Visual Basic 205 Step By Step by Microsoft Press

Its amazing, i learnt everyting from it. It starts at noob level then moves onto advanced topics like ADO and mobile/web development. Also has lots of tips for VB6 programmers and is excellently written with many relevant samples.

The best VB.NET Book i have ever used is:

Visual Basic 205 Step By Step by Microsoft Press

Its amazing, i learnt everyting from it. It starts at noob level then moves onto advanced topics like ADO and mobile/web development. Also has lots of tips for VB6 programmers and is excellently written with many relevant samples.

just ordered it.

yeah we use those VB books at college too there good for people who havent used VB before and want a solid foundation. It takes a learn through tasks approach which i like, beginning with hello world and moving onto advanced topics like using the windows common dialogs, database rograming and prinitng. Theres an example CD too

Oh yeah in case you were wondering, it says VB2005pro but 99.9 of the stuff works in expres too

Hi ,
I am also interesting in buying a book for VB .NET. I know good java and need a book for my assignment at university. The assignment will include databases and web.
Is Sams Teach Yourself Database Programmng with VB .NET in 21 Days any good?

okay but the ADO.NET book by microsoft press is the best. Loads on databases, but assumes you know VB beforehand (reading the "vb step by step" book in the same series is sufficient)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.