Hello to all and thank you for your attention.

I need to do a few programs using Turbo C 3.0, but I have a problem when I use it on my notebook (running on WinXP SP2).

It starts OK: it goes into MS-DOS mode (fullscreen) and all seems good, but the instant I try working with it, it goes extremely slow. It doesn't freeze the system, but it hangs for about 5 seconds the it runs again for a couple of seconds 'till it hangs again for another 5 seconds... this goes on and on endlessly. When the app. is terminated, Windows runs normally.

I've already work with this version of C on a some desktop computers and this doesn't happen. Do I need to configure EMS or XMS memory?... they're on the "auto" setting.

Can somebody help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Why are you using turbo c when so many other better resources are available to you.

bloodshed dev-cpp

is an excellent alternative.

Why are you using turbo c when so many other better resources are available to you.

bloodshed dev-cpp

is an excellent alternative.

;)

I would, and thanks for the suggestion, but I need to do it on Turbo C 3.0 for academic reasons. It's part of a project and I must use this.

:rolleyes:

PLZ help me i m getting problem while running the prg and include files r nt being supported n is showing error 4 each line 4 header files n also error as c:\tc\prg\filename.c so help me out vth dis kindly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.