Hi all;

My question is which IDE do you recommend for editing Python codes on WindowsXP???

I've installed its interpreter(2.5) but I don't have any idea about the IDE.(except ActivePython)

Thanks for your helps...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

@wegaseat

IDLE works well, DrPython is better, PyScripter has a few quirks, but is hot!

i have tried many ide for py but pyscripter I like most, and yes it is hot.
they need to fix some stuff

You can also use a more general IDE like ConText. I like that one, because I can set it up to run C, Boo, Haskell, Lisp, Ruby and Python code from the editor. All in all an ultrastable IDE.

Another general purpose IDE is PSPad. Again, this one is free and has the largest amount of great features I have ever seen, including character/ascii tables, spellcheckers for a dozen different languages, color translator, hash generator, numeric base calculator, hex edit mode, and other mindblowing stuff that a programmer likes. However, it is still a little weak when it comes to connecting to the compiler/interpreter and does not show error messages well. I actually use this one for my general editor, a super notepad replacement!

As I get more and more familiar with PSPad, I am starting to like it!!! Even for Python code!

Hi all;

My question is which IDE do you recommend for editing Python codes on WindowsXP???

I've installed its interpreter(2.5) but I don't have any idea about the IDE.(except ActivePython)

Thanks for your helps...

Vim is all you will ever need.

Thanks for your answers.I'll appreciate them...

Hi all;

Thanks for your helps...

:-/ hummm thats more of personal preference, Heres a few IDE's that I recall that I've tried.

Wingware Professional
Komodo
Blackadder

Pyscripter
Eric
SPE
Eclipse
DrPython

and ofcourse IDLE!

:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.