I am trying to write a script to grab images from my CCD camera. I can already do this with C++ usung VFW and OpenGL, but I want to find a way to do it with Perl. It needs to be able to run on windows though. I am pretty new to Perl so I hope this isn't a stupid question. Does anyone know if its possible?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

sounds possible but I have no clue how to go about it.

I am trying to write a script to grab images from my CCD camera. I can already do this with C++ usung VFW and OpenGL, but I want to find a way to do it with Perl.

You can use Perl for OpenGL - http://graphcomp.com/opengl

I'm also in the process of creating a perl FFMPEG module for capturing/prcessing video - but it'll be a while before this is ready for release...

Send me your email if you'd like me to keep you posted - Bob Free

I need a simple software to capture image from a CCD camera. I am using sentechamerica CCD cameras. They provided me SDK. I am completely foreign to any software languages. Can anyone built a customised software for me. I can pay a reasonable fee for the same.
thanks.
mail : vikitech@yahoo.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.