Im using VC++ express and usually i come across situations where i have to create more than one project within the solution. But the problem is that each time i create a new project inside the solution, i have to go to the new project's property pages to add the custom include directories and libraries.

So, i was wondering if there is any way for me to inherit the properties of other projects in the solution without me going and adding the custom include and library directories each and every time?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did i ask this in the wrong forum? I hope my question isn't confusing

Your question seemed clear enough. Most people won't respond if they don't know the answer. And I don't know of any way to do it.

:) oh boy. Finally, i suppose there's a question that's stumped the pro's. just kidding.

But none the less, thanks for politely ;) telling me to look up the answer somewhere else. :)

I've come across this problem with vs2005 pro, I never found a solution but what I do is:
Create an empty project with all the settings (etc) I need then save it. Create a backup of the project. Create a new solution and import the project file. Do this for every project you need, just make sure that each time you import the project you make a backup of the empty project with the settings in it so that is isn't overwritten bij VS.
I know it's a ugly way to solve the problem, but it sort of works...

Regards Niek

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.