Hi all,

This is my first post here. I appreciate any help you can give me.

I am writing a solution that involves having a ConnectionManager application aside from the main application. I intend to have the ConnectionManager create sessions that wrap around the OleDbConnection that provides the connection to the database.

The ConnectionManager will have to return the session to the main application so that it may use it. The ConnectionManager will also pass sessions to API calls that may be executed by third party integrated applications.

I've done some research and read that any object with a live connection cannot be serialized and that makes sense to me. Is there any other way to pass an instance of an object from one application to another?

If it helps at all, both the ConnectionManager application and the main application share a dll which contains the ConnectionManager class as well as my session class.

Thanks in advance.

I think if you use create another class in which the instance of that main class is declared as shared, you can use that instance in multiple applications as long as those applications inherit that class. And this is in VB.net

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I appreciate any help you can give me.

I am writing a solution that involves having a ConnectionManager application aside from the main application. I intend to have the ConnectionManager create sessions that wrap around the OleDbConnection that provides the connection to the database.

The ConnectionManager will have to return the session to the main application so that it may use it. The ConnectionManager will also pass sessions to API calls that may be executed by third party integrated applications.

I've done some research and read that any object with a live connection cannot be serialized and that makes sense to me. Is there any other way to pass an instance of an object from one application to another?

If it helps at all, both the ConnectionManager application and the main application share a dll which contains the ConnectionManager class as well as my session class.

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.