Hi,

I am a programmer on c++,i want to do programming on symbian(Epoc) operating system. presently i dont know anything about the programming on symbian operating system. please give me ideas, and suggest the books what i have to refer.

waiting for ur replies

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Oh, the memories of my old Psion palmtop! I haven't heard any news about this OS in years! Unfortunately, Psion was discontinued in America during it's peak in Europe - mostly due to the release of the first version of Windows CE.

As soon as I read your post, I went and dug up my old EPOC16/32 programming guide. LOL Years and years ago I did some light epoc programming ... nothing fancy, but it was one of my first experiences with functions, if I remember correctly.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any places offhand where you could read up about epoc cuz I haven't heard of it in years. But check out sites on the Psion ... epoc was the operating system of choice for their entire line of palmtops. (Of which I have the Psion Series 3a/3c/5.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.