can you please help me how to random a series of choices, i actually use case statement but the problem is everytime i run the program the same order of choices is being shown.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

can you please help me how to random a series of choices, i actually use case statement but the problem is everytime i run the program the same order of choices is being shown.

What choices to be randomized?

for example i have a question
the choices are
select case answer
case 1
choice a
case 2
choice b
case 3
choice c
case 4
choice d
case 5
choice e
end select

i want to randomize the case 1 t0 5 so that everytime i run the program not only case1 is the will generate first.

the choices are
select case answer
case 1
choice a
case 2
choice b
case 3
choice c
case 4
choice d
case 5
choice e
end select

i want to randomize the case 1 t0 5 so that everytime i run the program not only case1 is the one will generate first.

the choices are
select case answer
case 1
choice a
case 2
choice b
case 3
choice c
case 4
choice d
case 5
choice e
end select

i want to randomize the case 1 t0 5 so that everytime i run the program not only case1 is the one will generate first.

Where does your come from? did you store your question in the database? it it is then we can randomized that but if it is coded alredy then arrghhhhh I can't help

I don't know what code you have but here is a trick..
in order to have different random number all you have to do is to put the code Randomize in the main form where the random number is generated. But the problems may occurs here, it is not a major but rather a logical problem.

anyway just put the Randomize code in the form..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.