Hi,

I have created an applet code. The code is normally working fine without IIS.
I have IIS 5.0 installed on my Windows 2000 Server. My web site home directory is "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot". I already coppied the files to the correct folder. In the address box of Internet Explorer, I typed "http://localhost/myfile.html". myfile.html is to run my applet. But when I go to the page I got the error message saying that "Connection refused: connect".

But, if I copy the code to my Windows XP pro machine with IIS 5.1 installed, it works fine.

Can anyone give me some idea or any dvise?
Your advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Roda

I found and fixed the problem. The problem was with my applet code that I was using URL constructor without assigning port 8080. It is working fine now. I just edit my code as below.

Original code:

URL logfileURL1 = new URL(documentBase.getProtocol(), documentBase.getHost(), path + "/Total.log");

Corrected code:

URL logfileURL1 = new URL(documentBase.getProtocol(), documentBase.getHost(), 8080, path + "/Total.log");

Thanks

=============
Roda

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.