I have created a windows application in vb.net in my PC.How can I open an vb.net file in a pc where vb.net is not installed. Will I have create any <name>.vb.exe file in PC where i have created it? Please tell me any ways to do it. Please soon......
:scared:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It dosen't matter whether vb net is installed or not. You have to have the correct version of Net installed. i.e. vb 2002 and 2003 require Net 1 and 1.1. vb 2005 requires Net 2.0.

If you are ralking about distributing your application to other windows PC's. You need to create set-up project to create an installer for your app. There you can test that the PC has the necessary .NET Framework installed, if not there is a redistributable .NET Framework package downloadable from Microsoft and you can include that in your installer and prompt the user that they need to install that also if they want to use your app.

hey man,
its a good question-if u want ur project to run on other systems(not 2 modify the coding).Then that particular system should have internet explorer..
And if u want to install ur project on other system& u want user of that system to modify ur coding-then u need to install .net framework on that system....
Happy coding....

hey man,
its a good question-if u want ur project to run on other systems(not 2 modify the coding).Then that particular system should have internet explorer..

Sorry but no that's wrong.

If you compile a .NET assembly to a dll or an exe the .NET framework *must* be present for that assembly to execute. Just having Internet Explorer is not sufficient.

Most recently sold versions of XP and Server 2003 will have the .NET framework included by default. Anyone who keeps their windows up to date (with Windows Update) will have the .NET Framework installed.

Sorry guys, every one is missing bits and pieces.

Here is how you should go.
If the target machine does not have vb.net and you still want to edit the files. Then First
-- Download & Install the .NET SDK's
-- Install .NET Framework ver
With .NET SDK you can edit and type of project in any kind of text editor.
-- So the next step is open your project files in notepad one by one and edit it.
-- Final Step is goto the SDK folder and find the VBC command for vb apps
and CSC for C# apps to compile the app.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.