Okay... So I'm taking this c++ class. It's accelerated and I started off great but now... not so much. I've been searching the net trying to find a group of tutorials with quick examples for beginners. Something that clearly shows how to write and call functions. Read in data from a file... This class has totally left me behind and I need desperately to catch up. The text book assigned to the class isn't very helpful so if anyone knows of a location to find some tutorials for references I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Girl Interrupted
:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would suggest that Google is your friend. Search for c++ tutorials and you'll find many. Only you can tell if one is suitable to your needs.

Beware of any that still use the older standards for C++ - you'll spot these when they use header files such as <iostream.h> <fstream.h> and many other libraries ending in ".h" (although some of the .h from the C libraries are still used.)

Is there any specific topic that is giving you problems?

Val

> So I'm taking this c++ class. It's accelerated and I started off great but now... not so much
Perhaps you chose the wrong class then.

Talking to your tutor would be a good idea at this stage, especially if this is early on in the course. Maybe you can get bumped onto an easier schedule.

Salem is right...

>>to find a group of tutorials with quick examples for beginners
I am not a fan of tutorials...maybe you should try reading a {beginner or intermediate} book on c++.....

If you get a book (which I would recommend if you're not satisfied with the current text) I would recommend this
I have the 2nd edition of this book and so far in my college career, this has been the best written text book I've used.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.